Award-winning Bloomberg television host Betty Liu compiles the wisdom of the world's best CEOs into a fun, insightful, and practical guide for success. Betty Liu is famous the world over for asking the tough questions of today’s most successful people—and for her uncanny ability to get straigh...
Betty Liu is famous the world over for asking the tough questions of today’s most successful people—and for her uncanny ability to get straight answers where others have failed. As an award-winning financial journalist and Bloomberg Television anchor, Betty has sat down with billionaires, CEOs, politicians, and celebrities to get their views from the top.
Now, in Work Smarts, Betty helps you get to the top by distilling the wisdom of some of the most prominent CEOs in the country. Warren Buffett, Jamie Dimon, Elon Musk, Sam Zell, John Chambers, Anne Mulcahy, and many more spill the beans on what it really takes to be successful, giving practical, “from the street” advice on how to get ahead in your career.
Packed with candid, often humorous, revelations from leaders in the world of finance, technology, retail, telecom, entertainment, and more, Work Smarts delivers priceless guidance on:
- How to really network
- The importance of being likable
- What your boss is thinking when you ask for a raise
- Winning every negotiation
- Bouncing back from a firing or layoff
- Thinking like a true entrepreneur
- The secret skill every successful person needs
- Overcoming fear
- Being a standout job candidate
- Knowing what’s holding you back
- Knowing what can propel you forward
- Why sometimes being good at your job just isn’t enough
Combining the trademark, hands-on approach of one of today’s most respected financial journalists with the wisdom of the world’s most successful business leaders, Work Smarts is a gold mine of real-world insight and advice on how to get ahead in business and forge a career that maximizes all your best talents and skills.